Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for an experienced structural engineer to join our Existing Building Services group in the Lakewood, Colorado office. We are seeking to add a structural engineer who will work for various project managers on different project types within the investigative team. The successful candidate will primarily work with our fall protection and façade access system team with opportunities to also gain expertise in other areas of investigative engineering including: forensic analysis, historic preservation, non-destructive testing, seismic retrofit, repair and remodel work.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative team of engineers and technicians who work on many interesting and challenging investigative projects. He/she will develop expertise in a broad range of investigative engineering as well as be exposed to structural steel, concrete, masonry, and wood construction for investigative projects in and around the Rocky Mountain region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, with an emphasis on structures (Master’s degree strongly preferred)
- 3 to 5 years of progressive structural engineering experience
- Registered Professional Engineer in Colorado or able to obtain within 1 year
- Strong knowledge of building and design codes
- Strong background and understanding of computer analysis and design software
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
- Self-motivated and able to work independently for extended periods of time
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrates commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to perform field work including building documentation, investigation, and fall protection load testing
- Demonstrated ability to design, detail, coordinate, and model small to medium-sized projects
- Completed several remodel/addition/tenant improvement projects
- Competent in the use of Revit or Autocad for producing engineering drawings
Martin/Martin, Inc. is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.